Saturday, January 14, 2006

Childbirth Class

Today Jeremy and I attended a childbirth class at the hospital. It was supposed to last from 8:30 am till 4 pm but somehow it ended more than 3 hours early at 12:45. I'm not really complaining though...I think we got the point. The labor and delivery nurse discussed breathing techniques, signs of labor, stages of labor, epidurals, c-sections and more and we watched a few videos. There were 8 other couples in the class...some kind of shady...espcially the couple in front of us. She took off her flip flops as soon as she sat in here chair and started picking at her toes...HOW GROSS! Lucily, she put her shoes back on after a little while. Probably more than you needed to know.

I was the dork of the class....I won both door prizes! It wasn't very hard. For the first one we had 30 seconds to write down every word that came to mind about labor. I wrote down 12 things and had the most so I won...it was a cute little travel pack from Johnson & Johnson. Later on we had another little quiz for a door prize. I didn't want to look like a huge dork and win again so I went a little slower with my answers on this quiz. In 30 seconds, we had to write down as many names we could think of that start with C. I wrote down 10 and beat everyone again! So, that time I won a big can of formula.

Jeremy and I were scheduled for a parenting class next Thursday night but had to cancel because we will be out of town. So, I think we're done with classes for now.

No comments: