Sunday, April 16, 2006

Taylor's First Easter




Taylor had an eventful first Easter morning. The easter bunny gave her a basket full of marshmellow eggs, a chocolate bunny and lots of sweet tarts and sprees. I guess the easter bunny knew exactly what kind of candy mommy likes :-). She also got a cute dress and pink bunny.
After getting her dressed in her adorable Easter outfit, we headed off to church. We sat in the cry room which was a complete zoo. Taylor slept through most of mass so we decided to take her out of the carseat to bring her up to communion with us. Well, as soon as Jeremy took her out I saw poop stains all over her dress. We put her back in the car seat, I went to communion and then we bolted out the door. It was a complete mess...through her diaper, onto the bloomers and then the dress. It was so bad I had to give her a bath when we got home. After we took care of that mess I dressed her in a new one piece bathing suit so that we could head over to MeMe and Poppy's to spend the day by the pool. Jeremy was holding her and she leaked through the diaper YET AGAIN onto her bathing suit. We finally got that mess cleaned up and her into her pink bathing suit and made it out the door. We were using cheap dipaers that were given to us so I guess we'll have to splurge on the Pampers or Huggies so we can prevent leaks in the future. We still love our poopie Taylor.
After the crazy morning, we enjoyed a nice day by the pool (Taylor loved it in her swing on MeMe and Poppy's new porch.)

11 comments:

steele family said...

Jamie, she is just beautiful. I love her Easter dress!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful! Wondering minds want to know... who gets to eat all that Easter candy??? hehe

Jennifer Walker said...

Looks like Taylor will be hyper after all that chocolate and sweet stuff. Something tells me that Jamie picked out the SweetTarts and Spree.

Jennifer Walker said...

The Pampers and Huggies are NOT any better. I guess Taylor and Jack are both explosive kids!

Bridget said...

what diapers do you use??? Huggies are terrible... We use swaddlers during the day and Baby Dry at night... but still, some of those poops escape! ICK! If you find a good diaper that holds it all in let me know!!!
Taylor looks gorgeous in her Easter dress!!!At least you made it through most of mass and got some cute pics of her in it!
Happy Easter!
Bridget

NIKKI said...

Taylor is PRECIOUS in her Easter outfit!

The diaper thing got better for us as they got a little older. We now can use some of the nonbrand diapers during the day, but I still only use them if we are going to be home. I only use Pampers, Huggies, and we also love LUVS at night and nap time!

At that age we loved the pampers swaddlers.

Jamie said...

No Easter basket is complete without a little candy...even if you can't eat it. That's what mommy and daddy are for.

Jamie said...

The nonbrand we used was Whisper Touch. Not sure where they even sell it. I'm definitely switching back to Pampers Swaddlers. They were great in the newborn size.

Sherry said...

I agree with Michele - she looks just like Jeremy...she's precious!
The poop cracks me up - her and Jack are definitely cousins!

Jennifer Walker said...

We tried Pampers Swaddlers, Luvs and Huggies Supreme and finally settled on the Wal-Mart brand. They were not 100% leak-proof, but they were by-far the best AND the cheapest. Now that he is in Size 3, we switched to Smiles (the Sams brand).

Anonymous said...

Taylor looks adorable in her Easter bonnet! As for the diaper situation, I've noticed that Connor has more explosive diapers when we move him into the next size too early. Connor is 23 lbs. now and still wearing the size 3 because we've had leaks with the size 4. Just like Scott and Jennifer, we've tried everything and have settled on the Wal Mart brand. They work just as well as the name brand, and you can't beat the price. We use Huggies Overnights at bedtime because they tend to be more absorbent. I'll pay anything for a couple of extra hours of sleep!