Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Doctor

Taylor had a doctor's appt. yesterday morning for a little bump that appeard in her diaper area (right below her belly button). I won't go into detail but the pediatrician said it is an abscess and she gave her an antibiotic to treat it. Please pray that it heals the infection because I don't want to have to go with plan B in treating it. Let's just say it requires a trip to the ER. YIKES!

Since we were already at the doctor's office, we went ahead and also did her 18 month well visit (it was scheduled in a couple weeks). This was a total nightmare. The second the nurse put her on the scale it went instantly downhill. Taylor screamed her head off every time the nurse looked at her. We finally got her weighed (I had to hold her on the big scale, then weight myself to figure out her weight). Getting her length was even more difficult. She kicked and screamed so much that she ripped the white paper on the table. The nurse measured her again but in all the craziness I forgot to even ask her how tall she is. I do know that her weight is 26 lbs. She also had her last immunization. Once that was over and the nurse left the room she was fine. Thank God we don't have another appt. until she turns 2.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

She knows what they are up to! lol. Poor baby... well, really, poor momma! ;) Hope her 2yr well visit goes smoother.

Adrienne said...

So sorry she had a rough time. I'll pray that she heals up just fine!

Cherie said...

I completely understand your experience! Sarah is worse than ANY of my patients, and the doctor's and nurse's at her office know her by her scream! It's horrible and I am mortified each time we go!

I hope her abscess heals up pretty quickly (and hope she doesn't need the alternative).

Sherry said...

Sorry to hear that it was a rough doctor's appt. Poor baby! Abcesses are not fun. I sure hope it clears up with the antiobiotics by mouth.