Friday, October 07, 2005

Week 17

At nearly 17 weeks (tomorrow), I'm feeling pretty good. My appetite is getting bigger and I have been craving milkshakes and ice cream. Oh, I like pickles too but not with the ice cream.
Jeremy and I are staying really busy between work at the clinic and work around the house. The sheetrock has been installed, floated and painted so now we're just waiting on the floors to be installed. It was scheduled for this past Monday, then pushed back to Wednesday, then pushed back yet again because our installer has kidney stones. Installation is scheduled for this Monday so we're keeping our fingers crossed that nothing else gets in the way. I'm not sure how much longer we can handle walking on cold concrete. Once the floors are down then we will have the baseboards installed and we'll be done with the major repairs. I feel like this is more of a "home improvement blog" than a baby blog :-)
Here's what's happening with baby and mom this week: (www.amazingpregnancy.com)
The Baby: This week, your baby is starting to develop fat layers. Did you know that by the time your baby is born, fat layers will be about 3/4 of his total weight? Speaking of weight, your little one now weighs on the average 3.5 ounces and is almost 5 inches long.
Mom: You may have already felt your baby's first movements by now. This is called quickening. It feels like a butterfly fluttering in your stomach. It's also been described as "bubbles". It will be a few more weeks before you start feeling kicks and punches.

Week 17 picture to come soon.

No comments: