Monday, April 02, 2007

Disaster

First off, thanks to everyone for their suggestions on getting Taylor off of the bottle.

We've been using the Nuby for her juice so I figured she would like her milk in that too. Since she is not drinking her milk out of the Nuby I decided to try another brand. I had a few samples of Parent's Choice cups that someone gave us so I tried that over the weekend. She did a little better with that but still fought it. And, she loves to throw it so every time she would throw it or drop it it leaked a little. Last night I did get her to drink a few ounces from it. So this morning I figured I would try again. She refused it again this morning but I kept placing it in front of her in the high chair and she would take a sip then throw it. Well, the Parent's Choice cups have just a snap on lid and not a screw on lid so she threw it and it spilled all over. She was not happy with her breakfast either so that on the floor too! It was a disaster!

We'll see how tonight goes!

5 comments:

Bridget said...

LOL! I only laugh out of empathy b/c Libby does this too now... only she drinks milk good and luckily uses the playtex cups now so they don't spill... but if she's not in the mood/bored or having a 'eating like a bird' kind of day, she tosses stuff on the floor like crazy... will just dump a whole plate of food sometimes. Some days I wonder if she's getting enough in her little system. It's so frustrating some days (especially after weight checks).

Good luck with the milk... too with this age, they will choose something at one meal & the next time you offer it say ICK! Little stinkers are in toddlerhood!

Good luck!

Andi said...

Hang in there....she will eventually take milk from her cup. Just keep offering it to her in her cup. And for the "dumping her plate on the floor"...well this only the beginning. It will probably last a few more months. I agree with Bridget, she's slowly entering into toddlerhood....some days they will eat something very well and the very next day not even touch it. Brady is almost five and still does this. Good Luck!

NIKKI said...

Awww Don't give up!! She will eventually take to it. I will also say that I have yet to find a sippy cup that never leaks or drips --- between my two they will figure out a way to get it to leak!!!!!!!! :) As for throwing things on the floor. My two fed their lunch to the dogs yesterday! Their ENTIRE lunch!

Sherry said...

Oh no!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jamie, but I have to giggle at her little hissy fits because Chase has been throwing temper tantrums like crazy lately. I didn't even know they could do that this young!

Our kids are taking us for some suckers...but they're so cute!